This delicious Brownie Carmel Cheesecake recipe is perfect for special occasions.
You guys, I’ll be honest- I way prefer cooking over baking. The reason? Cooking is just more of my personality. I’m not a detail-oriented person. I remember admitting that tidbit to a contact of mine back when I was a reporter- he didn’t believe me because I was such a go-getter. I then sent him a picture of the front room of my house. He was shocked!
It’s true. I tend to fall into the Type A category at work, but in other areas of my life- I’m just not into details- you know this if you watched my recent video! With that being said- I love to bake if it’s a slam-dunk recipe. And this is! I made this a few weeks ago and it was a huge hit. Consider adding this Carmel Brownie Cheesecake to your Christmas dinner menu- you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 30 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) package caramels
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely crumbled *unfrosted* brownies
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Garnishes: whipped cream, chocolate lined wafter rolls, chocolate coffee beans (pictured: caramel sauce, whipped cream brownie crumbles)
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and butter, firmly press into bottom and 2 inches up sides of lightly greased 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes, cool on wire wrack.
- Combine caramels and milk in a small heavy saucepan, cook over low heat, stirring often, until caramels melt. Pour caramel mixture over crust. Sprinkle crumbled brownies over caramel.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with exlectric mixer 2 minutes or until fluffy. Gradually add brown sugar, mixing well. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each just until blended. Stir in Sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour batter over brownies in crust. bake at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until amost set, remove from oven, cool at room temperature on wire rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake to release sides of pan. Carefully remove pan. Garnish.
- Buy prepackaged unfrosted brownies from a bakery or prepare favorite mix , cool and crumble enough to yield 2 1/2 cups.